How much internet are you allowed

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sbtamu

How much internet are you allowed

Post by sbtamu »

I have a problem with AT&T and if anyone on this forums use them I urge you to pay close attention to the way they calculate the new cap they implemented May 1st. Pull your calculator out and add your usage up and if its wrong please contact them and make a complaint.

I signed onto AT&T for unlimited bandwidth and had my family assured they could watch movies, do homework, play games, etc. And now they are going to punish the people that actually used the unlimited bandwidth they offered. IMO if they did not have the product to sell then they should of not sold it.

Here is a video of AT&T screwing me on usage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp2blAEbW5Q
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

sbtamu - you will find with all of these "unlimited" plans they will have a "fair use policy". They are all different, but here in Australia most ISPs just throttle our bandwidth if people "abuse" their unlimited plans.

Deal is most of these plans aren't truly unlimited. A few ISPs last year got in some serious shit for calling plans unlimited when contractually they weren't.
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Other great thing in Australia, except a real hassle to follow through with, is the Telecommunications Ombudsman - ISP won't be reasonable? Can't provide you an answer? Just won't budge but you know you are right? JUST ESCALATE IT BABY!

I have had severe issues dealing with a call centre that is run by people who don't speak my primary language, English. Please understand I am in no way racist, I have many friends of many races and creed - but it's very upsetting when you can't make basic communication simply because their is no comprehension of what I am explaining (or arguing).

I just ask for a manager, and if that can't happen I just utter the words - ESCALATE. Haha, they shit most the time.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

If you watch the video, The limit isn't the subject, it's the fact that AT&T is taking the 23rd and 24th day of the previous month and adding it to the next month.

My monthly bandwidth is calculated from the 25th of each month through the 24th of the next month. But when you look at my daily average it starts at the 23rd of each month and my monthly bill is the 27th of the month to the 26th of the next. How can I manage my account when there are 3 different cycle periods. Even the woman I talked to AT&T, a tier 2 tech could not answer why my my daily average recounts the last 2 days of the previous cycle as current to the next cycles 30 days.

What it boils down to is AT&T Is adding up your daily usage per the 30 day period but also adding in the last 2 days from the previous period.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

My bad - didn't watch until after posts :-D

Well I'd say there "we don't know" answer is probably "our system is really screwed and nobody can fix it right now, the guy who installed quit and is holiday in Hawaii"
neilmonee

Post by neilmonee »

I had the same thing happen and it took almost two months to fix it. In the end they never gave me an answer they just credited me and gave me an extra $75 my entire U-verse bill. From what Ive noticed with other problems I have had with them, is that they "fix" it by giving you free stuff and/ or money back... But hey the U-verse service is pretty awesome despite their customer service.