Advertising on your sites?

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Advertising on your sites?

Post by 94253 »

I searched for an existing thread but couldn't find anything like this. I'm sure a few of you maintain a web site for your animations. (I do.) I've noticed a few other users here taking advantage of blip.tv to get ads on your animations. I've had great success with blip.tv as an additional source of income (the revenue has already paid for my new drawing tablet) so now that I've whet my appetite with the idea of earning money on my site, I am interested in way to earn even more.

A few web comics I visit use a service called Project Wonderful to get ad banners on their sites. I've checked out PW and read through the process of how the applying/approving/bidding works, but I don't have any idea how lucrative it may be. I like sites that are not too crowded with ads, and I personally use an ad-blocker browser extension to hide most things, but if banner ads can earn half the cash video ads are getting me I think it would be worth trying out.

If you display banner ads on your site, which service do you use and how satisfied are you with it? I know the amount of revenue depends on a variety of things such as how many people go to your site and how much advertisers are bidding, but if you wouldn't mind sharing some details with me I would really appreciate hearing your stories. I've never had real banner ads anywhere before so I would like to get your advice if you have any to offer.

Thanks!
neilmonee

Other Methods

Post by neilmonee »

You should couple your advertising efforts (if you plan on using PW or any other co.) with some simple and free backlinks (assuming you are not already doing it). By getting in contact with other owners of websites that are similar in topic to your animations website and trading links, you can generate a little more traffic to your site. For example, if you come across a site the is a retailer selling AS7, then you can place a link on your site advertising what that website sells and in turn that webmaster can place a link to your site on their page showing others what purchasing their product can create/ accomplish (for example).

By the way, what's your URL, Id like to steal some animation secrets from it for my upcoming animation site. lol

Hope this helped.

Post by 94253 »

I've already got a link exchange going between my latest project and Dan's Fletcher Comics.

While more viewers usually means more money, I really want to make the most of the viewers I already have. Right now only one ad service is paying me for my average 300 views each day. If I had a second ad service paying me for those same 300 views I already have, then I am guaranteed extra cash without having to do any work myself to drive additional traffic to my site.

Since I've already got a fair amount of views I figure it would be easiest to capitalize on that by adding on another ad service. :)
CartoonLearning.com

Post by CartoonLearning.com »

I just released an animation course with 50% affiliate payouts. You could tell people they could learn to animate with the same software you use (if you use AS), and place a link next to your video.

If you want more details, check out my animation affiliate page:

http://www.animationtrainer.com/affiliates

-Eric
Free Anime Studio content at
http://www.CartoonLearning.com

Learn Anime Studio at
http://www.animationtrainer.com
Fluud

Post by Fluud »

I went to your websites and "paid homage" to the adds by clicking them. Should make you an extra few bucks =P