The cheap hotel

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PARKER

The cheap hotel

Post by PARKER »

Well as i said on the Kelleytown forum before one of the things that were holding me back lately was the fact that i had to find a new apartment and if not i would be living in a cheap hotel, well i didnt find a nice and cheap apartment so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJVOaSsnShs

The bad:

-Tables are to short, its hard to draw like that, wil be a nightmare to make my next tutorials like this but i can handle it.
-You have to change the channels by pressing directly the buttons of the tv, the control remote doenst work
-Bathroom is really small.
-You cant control the speed of the fan.
-The internet router is too far so i have to get out of the my room to reach the internet signal.
-Sometimes couples make so much noise!

The good:

People is nice and only 10 dollars a day :) .
I hope the tutorials help to get out of here soon.
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

All but comfortable! :?
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Uolter wrote:All but comfortable! :?
Yes, also i have to turn on and off the switch light about 10 times so it finally turn on.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, Parker, haven't you thought on living with someone else?
I don't know if you are from Bogotá, but I know Bogotá and it seems to be very similar to Santiago (visually and monetarily). Right now I live with my girlfriend on a 1 room apartment for 340 dollars per month (around 11 per day). My brother lives close to here with two friends and they pay no more than 490 dollars for a big 3 rooms apartment (160 dollars each one per month). We all live very close to the center of the city and that make us save many money which we spent on transportation before.

So my advice is that meanwhile you live on that hotel, you should look some not too smelly friend to live with him/her. Plus the company, everything will be easier to pay.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

selgin wrote:Hi, Parker, haven't you thought on living with someone else?
I don't know if you are from Bogotá, but I know Bogotá and it seems to be very similar to Santiago (visually and monetarily). Right now I live with my girlfriend on a 1 room apartment for 340 dollars per month (around 11 per day). My brother lives close to here with two friends and they pay no more than 490 dollars for a big 3 rooms apartment (160 dollars each one per month). We all live very close to the center of the city and that make us save many money which we spent on transportation before.

So my advice is that meanwhile you live on that hotel, you should look some not too smelly friend to live with him/her. Plus the company, everything will be easier to pay.
I was thinking in doing that, but now with my friend out of the city is not possible for the moment, i hope hes back soon so we can look for a nice apartment together soon.
Thanks for the advice.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

If this were Dallas Texas your computer and tablet would of been stolen in 60 seconds and also we would of heard at least 10 gun shots in this amount of time. Was odd to see and hear a city with out any police sirens also. :o
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

sbtamu wrote:If this were Dallas Texas your computer and tablet would of been stolen in 60 seconds and also we would of heard at least 10 gun shots in this amount of time. Was odd to see and hear a city with out any police sirens also. :o
Its a little bit dangerous here as well, the receptionist told me to do not leave the computer alone but i just did it for a couple of seconds, no big deal because its inside the hotel but i think i wont this do again.
The streets here are REALLY lonely here downtown, specially on this dates.
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Hey Parker,

Why don't you look for a place that is already tenanted and seeking an extra renter? Upside is you won't be locked into a lease (also a negative I guess) and in my experience share houses are usually furnished.

I don't know if there are similar websites over your way, but in Australia we have sites specifically for people wanting to share places - hopefully you could find some creative types to move in with? Creative types who are professionals and not starving artists that is :lol: