Amazing, the folks who expect you to GIVE registration codes

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mohlar

Amazing, the folks who expect you to GIVE registration codes

Post by Mohlar »

Is it cost or a symptom of the 'everything for nothing' attitudes in society - but I'm constantly surprised at the number of PM's I get via Youtube from people who expect me to give them the registration codes for software that I paid for and use. One prawn even sent a message saying 'Send me the code now. I want it.'

I've recently had several PM's from people asking for sites where hacked and cracked versions of AS6 or 7 can be found. One sender sounded really pissed that he hadn't found anyone or anywhere that would give him AS7 free of charge.
Once, I saw myself in a mirror.
Or did I?
Imago

Post by Imago »

I had the same problem.
I uploaded a video about an ASP7 bug... Suddenly a guy asked me what software I used.
In about 2 hours he sent me a message like this: "I've got the installation, but I need a serial. Can you give me one? The SERIAL GENERATOR seems to not work!" :shock:
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Mohlar

Post by Mohlar »

Imago wrote:The SERIAL GENERATOR seems to not work!"
I'd forgotten that one - yes, I've had that on a number of occasions for both AS and other software that I use. It's one thing that these folks expect you to hand over something you paid hard cash for, but it's something else when they start to blame you for their inability to get something for free.

A while back I heard of a couple of people who thought they'd found a cracked version of AS (I think it was version 6 but it may have been 5). They installed it and - CRASH - their hard drive decided that it was a good day to go walkabout in the Land of Irreversible Deletion.
Once, I saw myself in a mirror.
Or did I?