Some of my work (audio, music etc)

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Tagirijus

Some of my work (audio, music etc)

Post by Tagirijus »

Hi there,

Selgin gave me the hint to just show some work of my own. Since I am german I did not plan to show you my radioplays, because I think most members do not understand german. ;) Otherwise german-speakers can visit my homepage Tagirijus.de.

I picked out some of my references and experimental music projects:

References; projects in which I produced the music (excerpt; much more on my homepage for interested people; big sorry, but only german homepage available):

Verne (Short by students of the MD.H in germany)

Luciferin (Short by students of the Babelsberg Filmschool in germany)

Aerophore Credits music (mp3) (whole soundtrack to download on my page; just for listening)

Experimental music project "Lautision":
Grauenliebe (orchestral-like)

Durcheinander (crossover-metal-like)

This is just an excerpt of the projects. Furthermore if someone is interested, music licences can bought on Soundtaxi.net... or just listen at more tracks of mine there. :-P

I hope it's not to much or to offensive; I just want to present my self a bit more in this way. Hope you enjoyed it! Let me know. :)

Manu
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

Anyone wants to give me at least a bit feedback? I would be very pleased. Even for hard critiques. :)
gleeful

Post by gleeful »

Thank you for taking the time to share selections of your very diverse creative output.

I especially liked Lautision. It is full of sonic surprises yet remains very musical throughout.

I too spend a lot of time experimenting with sound so it was a treat to see another animator sharing a soundwork.

The 3D animation with fireflies was great fun to watch. I like the use of dark values with small areas of brightness to set the mood and direct the viewer's eye.

I look forward to seeing/hearing more of your work in the future.
What if?
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

Thanks for the feedback. Just to make one thing clear: The animations are not made by me! I'm mainly a musician / audio-guy. ;-)
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Hello there

Loved both animations, especially the music on the second one.

Are you using real instruments, midi instruments or samples?

Anyhow, very good, keep them coming. :)

G
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

Thanks for this comment, too. I use real instruments, if I can; alternative I use samples (for whole orchestra for example). In "Verne" I played the accordion by myself; violin was played by a friend; tuba was a virtual additive synthesis instrument made with the pc. If I need an instrument I am able to play, then I record it.

So you see: i often mix real instruments with sampled stuff. Main goal: The music should fit and be effective. :)
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Tagirijus wrote:Main goal: The music should fit and be effective.
I agree, and it is effective in both clips.

I am no musician, but I plan on having a go at music for my own work, thanks for the infos on your process! :)

G
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

I recently made a short piece just for enhancing my orchestral mixing skills. Maybe you guys will give me some feedback?

Entering the hole (evo 4)

Thanks for coming feedback and critique! :)
Sephrim1

Post by Sephrim1 »

Tagirijus wrote:I recently made a short piece just for enhancing my orchestral mixing skills. Maybe you guys will give me some feedback?

Entering the hole (evo 4)

Thanks for coming feedback and critique! :)
Great stuff I liked it. :D
Sephrimmedia.com
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

Thanks for the feedback. Happy to hear good feedback. Btw. the last link is dead, you can listen to the final versoin of this track here. :)

manu